12.03.2009

Dr. Alex Kugel

The new Dr. Kugel & his advisor
Auna & Dad on the day he defended, Dec. 2nd



Yes, you all read correctly. Alex has completed his PhD. I am so very proud of my hard working husband. It has been crazy the last few months and we are glad it is over. What a wonderful feeling to complete something that has taken years. I would guess that feeling is ten fold for Alex since he did all the work. Way to go Al!

Since I went back to work July, I have been working 6:30 - 3:30. Al has been home with Auna during the day and then heads up a bit after I get home until 2-3 in the morning. It has been very tiresome and seemed like there was no end in sight to this schedule. The last couple days we have been able to spend some family time together. For me it feels like we just brought Auna home. I can't tell you how great it feels to share with Al our beautiful and hilarious little girl. She really keeps us laughing. A new chapter begins again for the Kugels. My last day at work will be the 17th of December. I will get to stay home with little miss Auna and watch her learn and grow. Al will be taking a postdoc position at NDSU. It is a great opportunity. Hopefully some day we will end up in the big city, but for now Fargo is the place to be in case you hadn't heard :)

Update on Auna -
Over Thanksgiving she officially became mobile. She is crawling and picking up speed each day. She has her first two bottom teeth and we are pretty sure she is working on her first top tooth. She eats like a champ and can tell some serious and LOUD stories. What gets her laughing the most is to chase addie around the house. Loves the dog (and the dog bone)! Just writing this makes me smile ear to ear. That tiny little girl has won my heart and I can't wait to spend each day with her. I will try to upload some photos soon. That is what keeps my posts so sporadic. Uploading pictures takes forever and after the day is done, Auna is in bed, the computer is the last thing I want to hassle with. Hopefully I will be better at it soon or at least make more of an effort.

We hope all is well with you and your families. Travel safe over the holidays!!

1 comment:

butters said...

WHooHoo!! I have to say this post brings a little tear to my eyes. I'm so happy for you both, you've worked so hard for this and what a blessing that it's finally here. I'm so glad you'll be home to enjoy your beautiful daughter each day Jill as you've always dreamed. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas with your little peanut. I'll call you soon. Love ya!