1.17.2010

New Years

Alex and I spent New Years up at Lake of the Woods ice fishing with some of our good friends. Three of the four couples had babies last year, so it was a great get away from our new little peanuts. I posted some photos of the lake (1st picture) that we where on and the ice shack so the non-native readers could see what ice fishing was all about. We had a great time!!!

Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the wee one.


We were about 5 miles out from shore (they even plow roads out here)
inside the shack we drill three holes, one for each of our lines and the other for the Vexlar (this tells us the depth and can show if there is any movement on the bottom by the flicker of a red line. Then we know if we might have some luck).
Al & addie just hanging out waiting for the next bite.
This is a portable shack, but some people have permanent houses out on the lake. We picked up and moved several times each day depending on the bite.

The boys - Matt, Dan, Parker and Al
I may have had a cocktail or two???

The girls - Christina, Jill, Julie & Jill
I'm a believer




FYI - this is my big walleye, but Al acts as my guide baiting my hook and taking care of the fishy stuff. Thanks Al.
He caught some big ones too. Just not as big as mine :)

No comments: