3.27.2009

Flood

Hi everyone - 

I wanted to give you all an update on the flood here in Fargo. So far we are dry, but we are still holding our breath. Al is working on the dike right down the street (3 blocks) from our house right now. They issued a code red for volunteers to add more height to it and people were pouring in. Hopefully it holds. If not we have the basement ready and we can go at any time. For now we are ok. It will be a long weekend and days following until the water goes down. We will try to keep you all posted. 

No baby and no signs it wants to come out. So I am trying to stay calm and not stress in the hopes it holds till this is all over. 

I will try to have Al post some pictures as he has been out and about helping sandbag. It is really hard to capture what is really going on, but you will see lots of water. The outpouring of volunteers is incredible and I have never seen anything like it. When people get together it is amazing what can be done. Thank you for all the good thoughts. 

We will stay in touch the best we can. 

No comments: