3.29.2009

The Kugel Flood


So, before we had this whole river thing going on, we had a blizzard that dropped 10" of snow followed by a week of 45F weather that buried our backyard and garage in 5" of water.  The egress window filled up again (we had the same problem the first week of February) and we took on water in our basement bedroom.  Here's a picture of the snowstorm and drift outside our house.
The snowmelt and a couple days of rain gave us some nice weather to take some belly photos of Jill.  Yeah, I know I was surprised too, I'll post those later.  It also gave us a mess to clean up.  I was at one point manning 3 sump pumps; 2 outside and one inside and trying to help the pumps by wheelbarrowing water to the street while Jill was doing her best with the shop-vac in the basement.
  I know, crazy, but better than having a basement full. Here's a picture of my jerry-rigged system to keep water out of the window well.  We're all set now for the melting of the 8" of snow we had last week and the latest forecast calling for another blizzard with 8-12".  Aaaa
rrrggghh!

So, minus the weather, things are great here.  We have everything ready (I think)
to bring a little bundle of joy home from the hospital.  I have been amazed at all the new things that I find around the house that I have never, ever been exposed to.  I opened a drawer the other day looking for a hand towel in the kitchen and apparently that drawer is now dedicated to bibs, burp cloths and baby feeding supplies.  And my closet was temporarily overtaken with miniature outfits as we waited for the backordered dresser for the baby.  At any rate, here's a picture of "mom" taken before the flood when we had some nice weather.


3 comments:

Shevy said...

Beans, you are so cute with your preggo belly! Send me pics from your shower! I miss you!!

jodi said...

I love the belly Jill! I want to see those other belly shots. Sending you lots of good energy and love jodi

butters said...

I can't believe the blog says, 9 days... wow Jilly, that's so soon. So soon you will hold that beautiful baby, and look on his/her face. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm praying and what is it... the 4th you're hoping for!(: Can't wait to hear the news and yes, I'd love to see more belly shots. It's a great belly you're sporting.(;